The National Behaviour Support Service offers three levels of support to second level schools:
- Level 1: Whole School Support
- Level 2: Targeted Intervention Support
- Level 3: Intensive Individualised Support
This three-tiered approach, founded on international best practice, is applied to behavioural interventions and endeavours to address the behavioural, social, emotional, academic literacy and learning needs of students in partner schools. All three levels of NBSS support are customised to the specific characteristics, needs and requirements of each partner school on an on-going basis as change occurs.
All work undertaken aims to promote positive behaviour and learning throughout the school by focusing on developing:
- Behaviour for Learning Skills
- Social and Emotional Literacy Skills
- Academic Literacy, Learning and Study Skills
- Positive Health and Wellbeing Skills.
Find out more about our work by
clicking on the links below
The NBSS in Schools gives a brief overview of the work of the National Behaviour Support Service in partner schools and presents many of the interventions, projects and initiatives schools implement in the areas of (a) Behaviour for Learning skills development (b) Social & Emotional Literacy skills development (c) Academic Literacy, Learning & Study skills development and (d).Positive Health & Wellbeing skills development.
- This resource presents the NBSS Model of Support - A Model of Support for Behaviour Improvement in Post Primary Schools