The mission statement of the National Behaviour Support Service is
Promoting and Supporting Behaviour for Learning
Our mission is to promote and support positive behaviour for learning through the provision of a systematic continuum of support to school communities, grounded in evidence-based practice.
The NBSS is guided by the following key principles:
- Schools can make a difference in young people’s lives.
- A school-wide approach, founded on respectful relationships, is essential in promoting and supporting positive behaviours throughout the school community.
- Behaviour is intrinsically linked to teaching and learning.
- Inclusion is a core educational value.
- Good practice in schools is acknowledged and disseminated.